Tuesday, November 8, 2011

An Attitude of Gratitude

My birthday was on Sunday (11/6). This was a perfect day for me to revaluate the important things in my life. My birthday this year symbolized the beginning of a new year of possibilities, higher awareness, and overcoming obstacles.  I am fully committing myself to my spiritual journey and becoming a more positive, happier, and healthier person.
It was a day to appreciate and be grateful for all of the people in my life. This was also a chance for me to notice who in my life was dimming my light instead of helping it shine brighter. I wasn’t sad about these people, I was glad. Glad that they were in my life and appreciative of the lessons they taught me. It’s not easy leaving people behind, knowing they may not be present for me this next year but I realized that I want to grow. I know this will be the year of immense growth and opportunity for me. Therefore, I don’t need anyone that will hinder my development. And for that I am thankful. Thankful that I realized this and had the strength and commitment to myself to make this move.

The power of gratitude is that it can take you from a horrible state of mind to one of pure joy and appreciation. I use gratitude a lot in my meditations to help me get centered and focused. Being grateful isn’t just for material things. It is for people, experiences, and lessons throughout your life. Nothing has come to you by accident. Everything has a divine purpose and reason. I am grateful for every experience that has come my way in order to make me a better person.

This blog post seems fitting seeing as we are getting closer to Thanksgiving.
I urge everyone to make a list of everything they are grateful for and look at it daily. This way you will always be in a state of love and abundance.

<3 Live, Love, Miracles

No comments:

Post a Comment