Friday, October 28, 2011

Mirroring: In reference to yesterday's post

I created the same blog post yesterday on Herfuture.com. I was hoping to get some insight into this issue from some of the more spiritually advanced ladies. Someone brought the following article to my attention: The Blessing of Difficult People: It’s Not What You Think.

It's a really interesting article about mirroring. Mirroring is a really intriguing subject that Gabby speaks about in her books. It occurs when the outside world mirrors your thoughts and feelings inside. Perhaps these ideas coming to the surface from other people was just a mirror of the doubt that I myself was feeling about the subject. I couldn't or chose not to express this doubt and let it hang in my subconscious for fear of feeling like a fake.Out came my true feelings through other people's words. Pretty powerful stuff right? I think the lesson here is that it's normal to feel doubtful and unsure of the journey you are embarking on. But bringing these feelings to surface helps to dissipate them.


Someone else on Herfuture.com suggested that it was a test to see how devoted I was to my practice. Could my ego be testing my loyalty? I'm sure! If you remember from previous posts about the ego, it cannot survive in love. The ego wants to forever keep us in dark, sad, fear.Perhaps this was my ego's attempt to win me back to the dark side. I don't think I want to go back there. Although I still have questions, a life full of love and happiness seems much richer than one full of fear. Don't you think? Not much to lose.


And that's my conclusion. I won't let the ego win! I am sort of even more intrigued now then I was before. I want to read more, study more, and learn more. I want to embrace my spiritual practice like never before. Really take it head on and see what happens. I want to become a miracle maker and teacher. One step at a time. I think I will start with A Course in Miracles which can be summed up with this:
 
"Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists."

Intriguing right? Stay tuned and take this course with me to change your life forever.

<3 Live Love Miracles 

No comments:

Post a Comment