Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The beginning. . .

After my freshman year at a collge in NYC, i decided to move back home and go to a local university. This was sort of the beginning of my search for something more in life. I was unsure what I wanted to study and unsure of my true purpose. And so I began reading many of the books written by Rabbi Kushner (Living a Life that Matters, The Lord is Our Shepard, etc.). My readings helped me build a relationship to Gd and religion but at the tender age of 19 that wasn't enough (or what I was really looking for). Pursuing an accounting degree began to take over and I didn't continue my "search" until my senior year when I read "The Secret".


I felt an instant connection to the teachings and the idea that what you think about you bring about. It was revolutionary, for me. I read and reread the book, watched the movie, and listened to the book on CD off and on for years. I truly believe that it was with those tools that I successfully manifested certain experiences and people into my life. But for me it wasn't a way of life it was just a way to potentially get what I wanted at that time. It didn't necessarily mean happiness. And so I searched for more yet again.


That is when I found Gabrielle Bernstein (author, motivational speaker, and miracle creator). She came at just the right time (the teacher appears when the student is ready). My husband had just separated from the United States Air Force after 6 years and we moved back to our home town. We were excited, happy, but scared about the job market, taking on a mortgage, and adjusting to our new life. And so I opened an Elle magazine and started a new life.


I will go into more Gabby detail in later posts but let me just say that her two books are MUST READS. "Add more ~ing to your life" is a great introduction into happiness, love, miracles, and meditation. While "Spirit Junkie" digs a little deeper into Gabby's personal quest and gives you a better understanding of how to live a miracle-full life.


More on both of these books and many more in later posts. Stay tuned and get inspired to live, love, and expect miracles <3





No comments:

Post a Comment